Sunday 9 September 2012

Oops

Long time no post, eh. Many family members have taken time to pester me but, hey, I've been busy...
I've done a lot in the last few weeks so to highlight reel:

Fan Expo (Toronto's answer to comicon) was a lot of fun and I got to see James Marsters, Alan Tudyk, Juliet Landau, Julie Benz and John Barrow.

Labour weekend I caught up with lots of people, saw a show at absolute comedy, made two trips to Toronto Island and had an all round excellent time :) Work has been manic since then because I have two short weeks in a row so I have to do ten days work in 6 1/2 days... Not so clever.

This Friday I did a Haunted Tour of Toronto and learned that I live across the road from the biggest unmarked mass grave in Toronto. They dumped a bunch of cholera victims in the area because at the time it was already consecrated ground thanks to the cathedral. The tour was fun, but also sad because it turns out every ghost story has to start with someone dying. The ghost stories themselves were funny, but when each starts with "After his wife and child died he threw himself into a well" or "The fire on the ship killed more than 100 peope..." or "Her lover left her so she shot herself". Not as funny when there's a tragic story to match.

This week I'm headed to New York so expect a delayed update, but probably a big one. Any suggestions are welcome - I've been before but am meeting a friend from NZ so we'll see different things and stay in a different place. I'm taking a bag that's twice as big as I need so I can shop while I'm there!

What I'm reading: Alligator, by Lisa Moore. It's okay but not great, set in Newfoundland which is fun.

Just finished The Anansi Boys, which follows on from American Gods and was a lot of fun. I really can't recommend Neil Gaiman enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment