Friday 27 April 2012

Bad Blogger

Hello loyal readers - did you miss me? I only just realised I missed a week! I don't know what I did with my Friday. Well, yes, I do, and it made for a rather painful Saturday morning.

I've been so busy the last few weeks, but so far next week is blissfully empty (ish) so I plan to read a lot and do mundane but necessary household tasks.

I had quite an exciting week. On Sunday I explored St Lawrence Antique market with friends, which was lovely. So many delightful things, and quite a bit of entertaining rubbish too. I still haven't made it to the Farmer's Market, but I'm sure I'll manage it next weekend. Monday I went to the opera because I am that cultured. My cousins daughters get free tickets through one of their classes but didn't want to go so I saw A Florentine Tragedy, and Gianna Schicchi. Instead of one two hour opera they did two one hour operas (did you follow that or did it need more punctuation) and the second of the two was perfect. The first dragged a bit and one of my cousins may have caught me nodding off, but the second was funny, with lots of slapstick humour and puns so a good antidote to the soporific first half. Tuesday I saw Cabin in the Woods, which was so much fun. I love a good horror movie and I love Joss Whedon, so this was perfection. I was mildly mocked for being so reactive, but I maintain that I have more fun than those staunch people who don't even flinch. What's the point in seeing a horror movie if you don't leave exhilarated? And is it really an admirable character trait to say that you don't react to horrific acts on screen?

I read Happenstance, by Carol Shields, this week. It was good, but I think I'd enjoy it more if I were a middle-aged, disillusioned married person. Now I'm reading Groundswell, which is about how to use social media as a marketing tool. It's very good, but from 2008 so Twitter isn't even really mentioned. There's lots about Digg, Facebook and YouTube, and even a bit about MySpace, but it's interesting to think about how much can change in just four years.

This is short AND doesn't follow my self-imposed rules from last week but I think maybe I'm not self-centred enough to be a blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment