Friday 22 June 2012

On shoes and ships and sealing wax...


TWO updates this week! To make up for the total lack the last two weeks. The other (posted yesterday) is essentially a breakdown of what annoys me about the plethora of “Oh no – so many single women!” articles I’ve read over the last year so if you’re not looking for a rant you can just read this one ;)

Things I have done in the last three weeks:

Read some great books
Highly recommended:
The Edible Woman, Margaret Atwood
Ordinary Thunderstorms, William Boyd
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, Alan Bradley

Not recommended:
The Black Obelisk, Erich Maria Remarque

Gone to concerts
Thanks to a friend who’s in the know about events around the city I’ve seen Lisa Hannigan (look her up on YouTube, she’s quite good) and The Flaming Lips in the last few weeks. I’m not the most up-to-date musically but live music is always good and Toronto gets some fantastic performers.

Seen some movies
The most fun was Blazing Saddles, last week’s classic movie at the local cinema, which I got a group together for. Fun had by all, and now I keep wanting to ask people “Where the white women at?”
Prometheus was the most recent/big name. I found it distinctly meh. There were amazing bits and stupid bits, but overall as a science fiction movie it lacked a lot of science. However, as a scary adventure movie in space it was well worth seeing!

Eaten a lot of frozen yoghurt
Three places in two hours: it was an epic yoghurt crawl that ended at a bar. That was a nice reverse on so many of my university nights that started with a bar crawl and ended eating junk food. I recommend Yoghurt Spoon on Yonge by Wellesley if you’re looking for frozen yoghurt, and aren’t more likely to just go to the place nearest you.

Books, music, movies, food – that about covers my life, right?

This weekend is a trip to Toronto Island and a scavenger hunt around downtown Toronto. Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment