Saturday 3 December 2011

Interview Shminterview

I have my first job interview!!! I got the call yesterday as I was in the car with my uncle and other than not being able to find a pen for a while I think I did okay in the initial "Tell me about yourself" piece. I have an interview on Tuesday.

It's based in Mississauga, which is 45 minutes from Toronto - more on public transport - but it looks like a really good job. The role covers a lot of different kinds of tasks, so after a year or so I would have a lot of experience in a range of areas to add to my journalism experience. The location would be a little inconvenient, but I can manage that and still live in Toronto. Especially if I was on the west side, probably further out than what I was thinking but if I can stay close to the east-west subway line it'll still be easy to get around.

Of course I might not even get the job... But I'm planning like I will ;)

I didn't sleep well last night because I kept going over everything in my head... Do I really want this job? What should I wear? Where should I live if I get this job? What if I get an interview for a better job next month? But if I keep worrying myself out of sleep then I'll be shit for the interview and I won't get it anyway...

So that's my good news. Someone in the GTA actually read my resume AND wants to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment