Monday 14 May 2012

Monday is like Friday, only opposite.


Oh my goodness, I know - I'm totally useless. I don't have a good excuse, except that I didn't do much this week so there wasn't a lot to say. My weekend was better so at least this won't just be another rant about money, right? My memory's shot, I think... I don't even know what I did the weekend before. I think I just watched a couple films with a friend.

My work week was really good. After a rather dreadful Friday the week before I was determined to kick some deadline arse, and prove that I deserve the raise I intend to ask for when my probationary period is up. So I got all my stories for next week done and started hunting contacts for the week after. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this, now that it's been consistent for a couple weeks. Other than some editorial changes and a new colleague of course, but if there wasn't at least one fairly big change every fortnight I think I'd faint in shock.

This last weekend was a Meetup to try the best fries in the city. I wore an apparently magical yellow dress, which won me five compliments and a date ;) FYI, best fries in the city were at Chippies, on Queen Street. The best part of the day was that about seven of us just didn't want it to end so we ended up drinking wine on our rooftop terrace, overlooking St James Park. It was lovely to spend time in a group like that, although I did end up a teeny bit sunburned.

This next week is already full so no one is allowed to want to hang out with me. I've got volleyball starting tonight. I thought I'd pretend to be a team player one night a week for the next six weeks and see how it goes. My knee is still buggered from my not-so-funny fall when running so I'll have to be a little bit careful. Then with events on every night except Thursday, and a trip to Ottawa for the long weekend, I'll be exhausted by the time next Tuesday rolls around!

Hope that's sufficient. I'll try to post at least something brief on Friday, but no promises ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment