Friday 16 March 2012

New week, new job

So I think I’m officially changing blog update day to Fridays – it seems like that’s when I actually think of it, and put fingers to keyboard. Now when I’m late you’ll know it’s because I’m rushing out to Friday night plans as part of my Awesome Life, whereas missing Wednesday just meant I’m lazy and forgetful.

It was week three of work and my job description changed once again – I’m now focusing on www.hrdaily.ca three days a week with the goal of boosting content and making it more than just an HR focused press release regurgitation site. Until me all content was being produced in Australia, so it’s definitely an improvement to have someone working on our end. It’s nice to have some structure and direction to my work week, too. This way I can really focus on learning about HR, and the mortgage broker and real estate stuff can come more organically as I work on those stories two days a week.

I do have three profiles to write for Canadian Real Estate Wealth (yes, Mum, I’ll send you some copies when they’re out!) so that’s fun to work on. Profiles are a good way to ease my way into the industry stuff, even though one of the people I’ve interviewed is proving a little difficult… Most people don’t really know how publishing works so they have some odd expectations about what we can and can’t do, and what information they should provide.
Tomorrow is St Patrick’s Day and I have plans! I met a woman at a Meetup who’s really interesting and fun and I’m crashing her plans with some other friends (I was invited, so that’s not really crashing, but it sounds more fun.) Thanks to colleague Adrian, originally from Ireland, I have a green, glittery foam tiara should I feel the need to look like the Statue of Liberty. I’ll drink enough to make my ancestors proud, but hopefully not enough to shame my mother ;) It should be fun – I might even hit the parade tomorrow!

Oh! Did I tell you I found an apartment? And got the apartment? The room is tiny, but I’m super close to work and it’s right downtown. I move in two weeks! I do need to stock up on some furniture. Somewhere to sleep and somewhere to keep my stuff, kinda necessary. I can probably borrow a bed for a little while but eventually I’ll need my own!

So yeah. Big week. Catch you on the flip side. (What does that even mean?!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment