Monday 14 November 2011

The Twinkie Experience

There are lots of things I hope to achieve in my time in Toronto but I achieved one thing this week: I tried a twinkie.

Twinkies don't exist in New Zealand and having seen Woodie Harrelson battle zombies all in the name of finding a post-apocalypse twinkie I added to my "to do" list. I didn't expect to enjoy it, but I knew it was important to follow through. To be fair to the twinkie, I wouldn't say it was worse than expected. It's essentially too-sweet icing piped into stale sponge, but now I have personal experience with the sickly sweet, slightly dry "delicacy".

I'm in Ottawa this week so the blog title is something of a lie. Other things I have achieved this week: voted in the NZ national election (can I vote "no confidence" instead?), saw bison, ate bison (not a whole one), and watched four hours of a show called Hoarders. One woman had 80 cats. How do you hoard cats? Mum has one cat and it wouldn't stay in a pile if you drugged it.

I've been obsessively clutching my phone all day because the job I went for closed applications on Thursday last week and I'm hoping for the "You got an interview!" call instead of the "Your application was a joke!" silence. So while I tend to be somewhat laissez-faire about having my cell on me, at the moment I keep having to run upstairs to grab it and worry that I'll miss the call in the five minutes I don't have it on me. Ulcer inducing.

No comments:

Post a Comment